Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 02, 2020

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: Madonna

Sunday Diva 
Three From The Hip
Madonna

The fourth pillar of my personal big gay church: Madonna.

In honor of the 37th anniversary of her debut album (click here), what better time to honor this iconic diva?

Love her? Hate her? No matter. For one thing is true: everybody has an opinion about Madonna - especially Madonna.

Why? Because she is one of the most influential women of all time.

Her behavior? Her choices? Her direction? Her moods? All subject to change on a dime. Never satisfied with what worked yesterday, she challenges herself and her followers to constantly evolve. 

Growing pains? You bet. 

And the gay community? We owe her our loyalty. She has proven herself time and again to be worthy of our love by standing with us - against hate, indifference, and ignorance. 

You can say a lot of things about Madonna.

But believe this... she takes her position in the world and history very seriously. 

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic: Legacy!


“I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.”


“I’d love to be a memorable figure in the history of entertainment in some sexual, comic, tragic way. I’d like to leave the impression that Marilyn Monroe did, to be able to arouse so many different feelings in people.” 


“People think they will wake up one day and I’ll be gone. But I’m never going away.”

Lucky Star - Madonna

Get Into The Groove - Madonna

You'll See - Madonna

And one last parting shot...

“Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.”

4 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

80s madge was cool. today's madge sucks ass.

SickoRicko said...

I'll always be a fan.

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh just you wait handsome.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I love Madonna. Her music has been the soundtrack to my life.
I used to have that Harper's Bazaar where she's all in black with the Medusa hair. Scavullo took those pics.
Does she put her foot in her mouth? Repeatedly. But yes, still a fan.

XOXO

p.s. thanks for the shoutout!