Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Weekend Onesie: Come In From The Rain

Weekend Onesie: 
Come In From The Rain

This week felt like coming home again. I know a lot of us are feeling the after affects of  a period of prolonged anxiety. So, let's all take a moment and listen as Melissa Manchester shares a bit of comfort... 

--- ---

Have a lovely, peaceful weekend.
Enjoy this time.
Breathe.
-uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Come In From The Rain - Melissa Manchester

Well, hello there
Good old friend of mine
You've been reaching for yourself
For such a long time
There's so much to say
No need to explain
Just an open door for you
To come in from the rain

It's a long road
When you're all alone
And someone like you
Will always take the long way home
There's no right or wrong
I'm not here to blame
I just want to be the one
Who keep you from the rain
From the rain

And it looks like sunny skies
Now that I know you're alright
Time has left us
Older
And wiser
I know I am
'Cause I think of us
Like an old cliché
But it doesn't matter
'Cause I love you anyway
Come in from the rain

- Carole Bayer Sager / Melissa Manchester

--- ---

A big shoutout to whkattk at Big Whack Attack for the photo.

5 comments:

Bob said...

Love this tune.

anne marie in philly said...

yep; I feel a sense of relief.

Hot guys said...

I love rain! 💦

And this was nice. 💙

Xersex said...

You all feel like home after a four year nightmare, right?

SickoRicko said...

Goosebumps.