Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: Rihanna

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip:
Rihanna

In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing devoted to those belonging to The Rhythm Nation. These women got us to think, encouraged us to love and respect ourselves, made us feel sexy as hell and... most importantly, got us to dance! One such diva has capativated us since the moment she stepped into the limelight....

One name.

Rihanna.

Do you have any idea how many times this woman has been on the cover of Vogue?  (25 times!)

And yet, while she may have her moments. 

And she may keep you waiting a very long time...

She's very grounded and very real. 

Everything about her is truly genuine. She lets you know exactly how she feels. 

There was that one moment... it would have crushed a lesser artist, but not RhiRhi.

She refused to allow it to define her. The girl moved on.

Musically, she continues to grow, and rarely in a manner expected. 

She doesn't follow the trends - she sets them.

Living life as fiercely as possible, there appears to be no stopping her.

We love her every gesture, her every look, her every moment. 

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic: Living Life

 "I think a lot of people are afraid of being happy because of what others might think."

"People - especially white people - they want me to be a role model just because of the life I lead. The things I say in my songs, they expect it of me."

"I don’t do things for the response or the controversy. I just live my life."



"When you realize who you live for, and who’s important to please, a lot of people will actually start living. I am never going to get caught up in that. I’m gonna look back on my life and say that I enjoyed it – and I lived it for me."



"Let go of the things that make you feel dead! Life is worth living!"

"I'm really looking forward to seeing what life brings to me."

SOS - Rihanna

S&M - Rihanna

Love On The Brain - Rihanna
(Gigamesh Remix)


And one more parting shot...

"If you don’t live your life, who the fuck will?"

3 comments:

Hot guys said...

I was a fan since SOS, still am 🙂

Saw her live, she's a queen 👏🏻

Mistress Maddie said...

LOVE Rihanna!

She's got one heck of an excellent song list.

BlkJack said...

Love, love, love Rihanna!