Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 09, 2021

Wonderland Burlesques's Down The Rabbit Hole: Oh, How I Love A Good Scandal!

Wonderland Burlesques's
Down The Rabbit Hole:
Oh, How I Love A Good Scandal!

Scandals. Everywhere.

Check out the soldier boy taking a shower in the background!

That one private appears duly impressed!

Ah, the Madison Avenue ad agency who held this company's account must have been working overtime to come up with so many approaches.

Yes. They took this stuff seriously. And they made sure everyone else did, too.

This headline actually appeared in the NYTimes on May 26, 1952:

REIS EXTENDS USE OF SHRINK-CONTROL;
Fall Apparel Is to Be Affected -- Company Cuts Prices on Heavy Underwear

Who knew underwear was so news worthy!

And... so heavy?

But that's not all...

New Crotch Comfort! New Comfort-plus Support! 

Just what our men in uniform need!

Yes, Scandals...

Positively Scandalous!

Scandalous - Mis-Teeq


















Nothing Has Been Proved
Dusty Springfield and The Pet Shop Boys
From the 1989 motion picture: Scandal

6 comments:

Bob said...

Them are some HIGH-waisted briefs!

Jimmy said...

Men's pants (and underwear) were so high waisted back in the day. Thank gawd when hiphuggers came into the picture in the sixties.

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh Im so jealous! I wish I could have worn such high waisted underwear!!!!! LMO!!!!I have to admit, but I love looking at vintage ads. Even then there was a subtle message.

whkattk said...

The "original" pouch briefs designed for comfort and support. Yet, still uncomfortable. LOL

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh, I love me some Pet Shop Boys. And Dusty!
And I love a good homoerotic vintage underwear ad. I binged once Mad Men and there was this closeted creative whose wife catches on his proclivities when he acts out Bye Bye Birdie. I'm sure there were tons of men like that in the forties and fifties.

XOXO

SickoRicko said...

What a fun post.