Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2021

Wonderland Burlesque's The 12 Days Before Xmas: Merry Christmas

Wonderland Burlesque's 
The 12 Days Before Xmas 
Merry Christmas

The 12th Day Before Xmas

Yes, it's that time of year again. 

Last year, Wonderland Burlesque brought you 12 delightful holiday selections. 

Well, I had so much fun with it, I thought? Why not do it again? 

On this, the 12th  day before Xmas, I bring a bounty of holiday songs from England's most fabulous queen: Elton John. (Apologies to Rod Stewart.)

Apparently, Elton John had been pestering Ed Sheeren to create a Christmas song. Well, Elton finally got his wish in 2021 and it went all the way to #1 in the UK.

This is (sort of) the fourth song about the holidays which Elton has gifted the public (it's also his second #1 song in the UK this year). The list of holiday tunes includes:

Merry Christmas (w/ Ed Sheeren) - #1 / UK / 2021

Calling It Christmas (w/ Joss Stone) - #123 / UK  / 2006

Cold As Christmas (In The Middle Of The Year) - #33 / UK / 1983

Step Into Christmas - #8 / UK / 1973

Well, as I always say, why do just one when you can do all four?

And here they all are, just for you.

Enjoy, my loves.

Wishing you all a very Merry Xmas!
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Merry Christmas - Ed Sheeren & Elton John

Calling It Christmas - Elton John feat. Joss Stone

Cold As Christmas (In The Middle Of The Year) - Elton John

Step Into Christmas - Elton John




5 comments:

BatRedneck said...

OK, so I told myself "if someone as to play the Grinch it might as well be me". And here I go:

@Elton: if you can't remember the lyrics of the song - which you are supposed to have written - forcing you to read them from the tablet that stands on your piano, then you might want to go for and wear some fancy glittering VR glasses that will do the trick just fine.

@Ed: no need to apologise (erh...) for committing yourself to singing and video'ing with Sir Elton. We all have a mummy in our fantasy-closet whom we'd ab-fab'lutely love to appear with someday.
Anyway, you'd make the most lovable of elves for my Christmas - can't wait to tear your green outfit down and hug and cuddle your whole body till the egg-nogs pop-up, preferably several times. Please be my creamy cloud 9 ;-p

@Upton: More! (and a French hug to you too, my Dear)

Jimmy said...

Sadly,...I was in my 50's when I first discovered Joss Stone. Beauty with a voice/talent. What more could you want?

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh, so sweet.
Love me some Elton. And of course it would go to number one with Ed Sheeran! That man has the Midas touch. Such a cute song.
And I cackled when you mentioned Rod Stewart.
You and Maddie are almost tempting me to go all Holiday.

XOXO

SickoRicko said...

You are so creative!

Mistress Maddie said...

Im not much for newer Christmas music...buy will admit i did like them and afore Elton. Im so glad to see your in the spirit! Can I help now with hanging your balls?