Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday Diva / Three From the Hip: Bette Midler

Sunday Diva
Three From the Hip
Bette Midler

Bette is another of the three main pillars in my personal big gay church.

Divine? To say the least. 

And the lady earned it. The hard way.

She embraced our community long before others dared. 

Watching her career over the years? Not for the faint of heart. She was blessed, then a mess, and what came next? Anyone's guess. 

I loved Jinxed. But it certainly lived up to it's name when it came to her career. 

Disney to the rescue! And then,voila... a diva reborn. She was sadder but wiser... and a bit bitter. 

Difficult to work with? The stories are legend. But then, so is she: a legend.

And legends get what legends want.

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic: Acceptance and Belonging


“Find your light; They can't love you if they can't see you”


“I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me. If only I'd known that one day my differentness would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier.”


"If you can accept your differentness and learn to love it and encourage it, then you can be someone wonderful."

The Glory of Love - Bette Midler

In My Life - Bette Midler

My One True Friend - Bette Midler

5 comments:

Jimmy said...

I bought "The Divine Miss M" when it fist came out in the early 70's. And I still sing "Ya Gotta Have Friends".

anne marie in philly said...

she's been going after the dump on twitter; GOOD FOR HER! she's sexy, she's funny, she can sing...what's NOT to like about bette!

Mistress Maddie said...

I love and adore Bette Midler...but she is one with me after maybe three songs I'm done. A little of her goes further for me, I have no idea way.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Love her!
Her twitter feed is a riot. She's got under Cheeto's skin once or twice already.

XOXO

Deliciousdeity said...

Bette was a trailblazer!