Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Wonderland Burlesque's Would You Rather Quiz


Wonderland Burlesque's 
Would You Rather Quiz

Something light and fun, today. A bit of a breeze. Explain your answers, if you wish. A bit of background helps us all get to know you a bit better. 

This is easy enough... simply ask yourself "Would you rather..." and then fill it in with the questions below. 

Let's begin.

--- ---

1/ Be thirsty or hungry?

Hungry. 

I drink fluids non-stop, all-day. Hot, cold, tepid... I mix it up and am reasonable with the caffeine, but can't imagine being thirsty. Also dry throat is a constant issue for me due to my terrible sinuses. 

As for hunger? I can stand that for a bit. I just drink more water. 

2/ Have a hot beverage that is too cool or cold beverage that is warm?

Tepid, I can deal with, unless it's something that is meant to be hot. I love my coffee in the morning, but turn up my nose to it if I've ignored it too long and it's gone cool. There's something about the bite of heat in the morning that I adore, in tandem with the bitterness. Heat hits the back of my throat and I am so happy (gee, what does that remind me of?) 

Cold beverages can go tepid and I am fine - except for my all-fruit smoothies. If they go tepid its like drinking snot. That said, I drink tap water all the time (I know - people are aghast!). It's convenient and a no-brainer, plus I enjoy the health benefits of hydration. 

3/ Smell something disgusting or taste something disgusting?

This is a hard choice. There are things you can do to remedy both, of course, but knowingly inhaling or ingesting something you know to be awful? 

Oddly, given the state of my sinuses year round, my nose is very sensitive. I smell things that escape the olfactory senses of others. Which would make you think I'd go the other way, but I am going to say I would rather smell something terrible than taste it. 

Gagging is something I reserve for adult activities, not culinary experimentation.
 
4/ Cook at home or eat out?

I love cooking at home. Of course, that's because I have my idea of cooking and have my six or so dishes down to a science. That's why grocery shopping is generally so easy for me. I am something of a rut lover... the same-same is fine for me. And the few dishes I throw together, while they take time, yield beneficiary health results. Plus, I adore making salads, which accompany any dinner I make. I used to skip the salad, but now I find them fun. Kitchen scissors have revolutionized my life. (Yes, an example of better living through office supplies (the title of my autobiography.)

So, I will stay in. I used to eat out all the time... every chance I got. But more and more I abstain. I no longer want other people I don't know (and therefore, don't know their hygiene habits) touching my food. The Ex worked in the industry for decades and some of the stories he has shared should have flipped a switch in my head a long time ago, but it took our dear friend Covid to bring the message home. 

So, I will stay home, where the food is consistent and the kitchen clean. 

5/ Be too hot or too cold?

I'd rather be too hot. I love the heat. I was disappointed with this past summer. It never really stayed above 90 degrees. I like sweating and believe that I am secretly something of a solar panel. And there's always shade.

The cold. No. Blech. Of course, I love blankets, but those are a solution. I don't enjoy shivering at all. 

Teeth chattering? No.

6/ Hit on someone and be rejected or be hit on by someone you are definitely not interested in?

Hit on by someone I'm not into. It's easy to let someone down nicely, provided they take the hint. 

Rejection? Oh. That stings. And I'm the type to nurse my wounds until they take on a life all their own. These days I forcibly make myself stop obsessing about such things, but I do tend to carry such moments around in the old memory bank. I'll suddenly remember the instance and cringe so hard that I gasp. 

Talking to someone you're not interested in? Not that difficult, unless there is something else you'd rather be doing. This summer, at the prairie, I became quite deft at letting people know that, no, they did not stand a chance, but I was more than happy to chit chat while socially distanced. Yes, that is the only upside to Covid - it's now socially acceptable to step back from people... and in some cases that means way the hell back...

7/ Do something you hate for a lot of money or do something you love for free?

Love for free. I get  that you need money. Money is nice. Money is fun. Money is security. 

But I am not the sort of person you would want doing something he does not want to do. I am all grumpy and gruff and not nice about it at all. Sometimes I think that is how people become successful, but that does not spell success for me. 

I'd rather be happy. If you can't do it with love in your heart? Then don't do it. Life is short and we all have too many reasons to be miserable. Why add to the pain?

As for money? I make sure I have enough to take care of my needs, but I don't see it as something to accrue just for the sake of possessing 'more.' I never understand people who are so focused on the things money can buy or the amount they own. That's being beholden to something that gives back no love. 

I'd rather be poor and happy. Appreciating the small things? Enjoying life's natural bounty? I'm all for that - and I'm good at it.

8/ Dance alone in front of people for ten minutes or go on a hike with strangers?

I don't like strangers. You put me in a crowd and I will find a way to separate myself out. If I go on that hike? I will purposefully straggle behind the group and then take a different path. "Oops... I got lost!"

I like my own company. I like experiencing things alone. 

I also adore dancing. I think I still have the chops to fill ten minutes of solo work, although my days of leaping are long over. And being alone, on stage, in front of others? Well... in my DNA. I must say, though... while I have appeared on stage nude, I have never danced in front of others in the nude. 

I should like to give it a go... but, oh, dear... that poor audience!

9/ Give up your streaming service (cable, Netflix, etc.) or network (air) television?

I could give it all up. I rarely watch anything anyway. Television is a time killer. 

On the weekends I watch stuff with The Boyfriend. It's fun, but we could find other things to do. And I could get my news via my laptop, as I like to read the news rather than have some talking head spoon feed me. I enjoy reading between the lines. 

That just leaves Judge Judy. And she's retiring, so... I will give up air television and keep my Netflix. That said, I hope air television never goes away. I'm a big fan of things for free. 

10/ Give up your cell phone or you laptop/PC/iPad?

Eek. 

Good-bye phone. I hate talking on it or answering calls anyway. I text. Period. 

I can't give up my laptop because I enjoy writing so much. And video games (just Civ 5.) And the internet. And blogging. 

So adios, phone. Did you know I have a Droid? Yes, a Droid. I adore their icon and also have never wanted to feed that other beast... Apple. Ick. People make fun of Droids and they are a bit of a dinosaur, but I refuse to take on the alternative.

--- ---

And that's all for today. Light and easy. Sweet and breezy. No deep delving into the pits of our souls or pasts.  

Hope you enjoyed it. 

Leave your answers in the comments section, or post on your blog and leave a link. 

Thanks for reading... and participating.

--- ---

Private Dancer - Tina Turner

























































Better When I'm Dancin' - Meghan Trainor

6 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh Let's see.
1. I'm with you. Hungry. I cannot take thirst.
2. I don't mind tepid. But I cannot take cold pizza, for example.
3. I would never eat something disgusting. No.
4. I actually like going out to eat. Have not done it much in the last months, of course.
5. I can't take cold well. I'm a fucking hothouse flower.
6. I think I'd rather say no to someone than being rejected. I have not been rejected often, but it's devastating.
7. Something I love for free. Seriously. There's no money sometimes...
8. I don't mind being among strangers. I'm sure I'll find someone to talk to. And you don't talk a lot while hiking, no?9. Oh, shit. I don't have network TV but I like streaming stuff. I can only watch what I like, too.
10. I use them all. I blog on the laptop, I text everybody on the phone and I read on the ipad. Ugh. Maybe the ipad?

Fun!
And I love me some Tina.

XOXO

Bob said...

1/ Be thirsty or hungry?

I’ve heard water can stop hunger pangs so, I’d rather be hungry than thirsty.

Hungry.

2/ Have a hot beverage that is too cool or cold beverage that is warm?

Definitely hot. If I want a cold beverage it best damn well be cold.

3/ Smell something disgusting or taste something disgusting?

Smell. I won’t eat disgusting.

4/ Cook at home or eat out?
Always cook at home. I love cooking and creating.

5/ Be too hot or too cold?
I'd rather be too cold. I can always put a layer on but if it’s too hot and I’m nekkid on Broad St that could be dangerous and I could get arrested. I mean, not again.

6/ Hit on someone and be rejected or be hit on by someone you are definitely not interested in?
I’ll take hit on by someone I’m not interested in; the other can be too painful.

7/ Do something you hate for a lot of money or do something you love for free?

I am not a money guy, so I’d do something I love for free.

8/ Dance alone in front of people for ten minutes or go on a hike with strangers?

Tough one. But I might go dance, as the idea of hanging around strangers is not my thing.

9/ Give up your streaming service (cable, Netflix, etc.) or network (air) television?

We don’t stream, so I’ll give that up.

10/ Give up your cell phone or you laptop/PC/iPad?

Easy, the phone. I don’t talk on the phone.

Mistress Maddie said...

Be thirsty or hungry? Same as you. I drink a lot of fluids. Hungry pains get on my nerves.

Have a hot beverage that is too cool. I drink coffee, but don't mind when it's cold or even iced...but nothing worst then a warm cold beverage.

Smell something disgusting. If I taste something disgusting, Im turned off and wont eat it again.

Cook at home or eat out. I do like eating out, but if push came to shove, Id say cook at home.

Be too hot or too cold? I like too hot too. I love the heat. And we can always just get naked right?

Hit on someone and be rejected or be hit on by someone you are definitely not interested in? I think the first. I'm not good at being hit on when im not intrested...I hate to hurt feelings, so Im going with the first...Im a big boy and can handle it.

Do something you hate for a lot of money or do something you love for free? I never took a job for a lot of money if I knew I wouldn't be happy doing it, I mean you spend more than half your week at work so better like it. I will go with the latter. Something you love for free. I be in Kenya right now if not for some matters. I would love to be working volunteer at the Shedrick Trust if they asked me.

Go on a hike with strangers, even though I don't mind dancing in front of others. But nature activities always win out for me.

Give up your streaming service. I could easily live without it.

Give up your cell phone or you laptop/PC/iPad? I guess id have to say laptop. I could technically do everything on my phone if need be. And in cases of emergency with family how would they reach me on a laptop? Im sure most of them don't have a laptop.

whkattk said...

1. I'm totally with you on this one.
2. A hot that's gone cool - or even cold - is fine by me. Cold that's gone warm --- nope.
3. Smell, I think.
4. Definitely cook at home. I know what I'm getting. My wife is like your ex...and still works.
5. Too hot. definitely. Once I get cold it takes forever to get warm again. Give me hot, any day.
6. I'm so used to rejection, it wouldn't matter to me.
7. Well, I've done both. And free is always so much more rewarding, isn't it?
8. Though my dancing days are over, it's what I would choose to do if I could.
9. I guess I'd give up the broadcast networks, if I had to choose.
10. Easy. Cell phone. I right with you on this one, too. Right down to the Droid.

SickoRicko said...

Fabulous collection of images!

Anonymous said...

Man...I wish I was as flexible as all the nude dancers in the pics?!? LOL