Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2022

Acquired Tastes XLIII Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 91 HIS69, Part 20 of 44

Acquired Tastes XLIII 
Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 91 
HIS69, Part 20 of 44

The HIS69 imprint was active from 1971 thru 1988, delivering an astounding 531 titles. Surrey House, Inc. / Surree Ltd, Inc. of San Diego and Santee, California are responsible for this imprint which was distributed by the same company as Trojan Books, Manhard Books, Gay Books and Gay Way Books; the Zorro Distribution Company, also operating out of San Diego.

It should be noted that many of these titles, with original artwork included, were simultaneously republished under the Gay Books imprint and then, later, minus the artwork, were also republished under the ManPower imprint.

The artwork for the HIS69 books would go through only two minor shifts with all the covers featuring ink drawings by various uncredited illustrators - artwork quite similar to what we saw with the  Manhard imprint.

Here's another baker's dozen. This week, once again, I was able to track down covers for all of them. 

Bizarre Triangle
Author: Paul Gronowski
HIS69230

Another photo cover. I'm not sure how prevalent this style of cover will become going forward. I must say, I prefer the ink drawings. They're more intriguing, leave more to the imagination. 

--- ---

Hung Peter
Author: Roland Graeme
HIS69231

Ah, one for the size queens! I used to be one, I think. Though I appreciated any dick that came my way. These days? Definitely prefer average-sized ones; easier to digest and much more versatile. 

--- ---

Suck Slave
Author: Ward Michaels
HIS69232

I suppose the idea of being 'forced' to perform has its appeal; the fantasy - not the reality. I remember nights at the warehouse parties roaming about in zombie mode with all the other sex zombies. 'Round and 'round we'd go; a case where too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

--- ---

His Cycle Master
Author: Jon Riggles
HIS69233

If Pendelton offered up instructors that looked like the tatted hunk above (a real Tom of Finland inspired masterwork,) I might consider signing on. The idea of him yelling at me to dig deeper and push harder? 

Yes. I could get behind that (or in front of it.)

--- ---

Bi-Sex Stud
Author: Burt McClain
HIS69234

This title brings to mind conversations I used to have with folks back when I first came out. I was in my late twenties at the time and doing a great deal of theatre. Anytime my crowd ran into to someone who claimed to be bi-sexual? We used to scoff and then fall into a debate about the existence of such a thing. 

Now, of course, the lid has blown off Pandora's box... and, those who choose to evolve, have come to realize that bi-sexuality not only exists, but it is the tip of the iceberg. Now, there are so many terms and definitions, one really has to make an effort to keep up - and I wouldn't have it any other way. As Madge once told us... Express Yourself

As for this illustration? It looks a little pedo for my taste. Stepdad can't sleep? Needs to check Junior's room... what is that sound? Stepdad turns on the light and... oh, my!

--- ---

Locker Room
Author: Lance LaFong
HIS69235

I miss locker rooms. My affinity for them has been a lifelong affair, although age has tempered possibilities. Still, the mere idea fuels many a carnal fantasy, which books, such as the one pictured, are meant to do. 

Above? A very lovely fantasy. But I'll stick with my personal memories... because, for me, reality beats fantasy every time. 

--- ---

Hunky Trade
Author: Lon Savage
HIS69236

Are we talking rent boys, here? When I see the word 'trade,' I automatically think 'rough trade.' And those that appreciate such? Well, typically, they are known to have to pay for it. 

These rent boys appear to have earned enough to afford themselves a lovely vacation. 

Curious illustration though. I mean... what exactly is the fist of the upright young man disappearing into? Is that proper beach etiquette? 

--- ---

Massage Parlor Stud
Author: Ted Bistroff
HIS69237

I have never been to a massage parlor. I can't imagine. I mean, essentially, you're paying for 'it.' Not my style. Not my thing. But, to each their own. 

Massage, on the hand (or 'hands,' if you're doing it right,) can play an important part in setting the stage for a true sexual adventure. I've both given and received massages as part of foreplay, and I have to say, it's a lot of fun, in either case. So much so, that I don't have a preference regarding which role I play. Maybe it's all that lovely oil, but I adore how the firm palm of a hand glides over one's skin. And getting in all those mysterious crevices? Deliciously enticing! I especially enjoy gauging the response of my partner. Such contact is a great way to grow in tune with one another. 

So, grab a bottle of baby oil and give it a try. Just be sure its not on the 'good' sheets.

--- ---

Studs For Sale
Author: Dick Stroth
HIS69238

More rent boys. I recently read a book about rent boys: Carl Corely's Cast A Wistful Eye. The man could truly write. I felt like I'd discovered a new Tennessee Williams. A reminder: you can read all of Carl Corely's novels as ebooks at one of the most wonderful websites ever constructed in honor of such an author: Carl Corely; Gay Pulp In The Deep South. The site also features many of his incredible illustrations. Check it out! It's a slice of gay history, unlike any other.

---- ---

Dynamite Dick
Author: Roger Samson
HIS69239

Who doesn't love a big explosion? Dynamite dick! Now that's one fuse I wouldn't mind lighting. It's the kind of flying debris I, personally, find enthralling.

--- ---

Hard To Shoot
Author: Peter Tuesday Hughes
HIS69240

Peter Tuesday Hughes is an author long-time readers of this particular Acquired Taste series are well acquainted with. According to Wikipedia: "(He) was an American science fiction and mystery author and an early exponent of the 'gay gothic' subgenre. Though published primarily by Greenleaf Classics... his novels "(depict) gay relationships with a depth surprising for the markets he published for."

A few links to some of his other works can be found, here.

--- ---

Hot Cop's Buns
Author: Martin Moore
HIS6941

Is it still kosher to sexualize and fantasize about the boys in blue? They've certainly gotten a rather well-earned bad rep. But, it's like any other profession... there are always 'good' ones and 'bad' ones - it's just that the bad ones seem to make all the headlines. 

I do love the fact that we live in a time when gay cops can be themselves. Though I can't imagine being in a relationship with one for very long. The danger they face on a daily basis. I can't imagine sitting home nights wondering if this was the night they don't come home. 

--- ---

College Hunk
Author: Peter Gronowski
HIS69242

By the way... if you're curious about reading any of the titles shown for this imprint, check out Hommi Publishing's rather extensive list of HIS69 titles. For a couple of bucks, you can experience first-hand (hee, hee) the thrill to be found in these vintage literary masterpieces. 

Granted, Hommi Publishing has a long way to go before offering them all, but then, as readers of these posts know all too well, the imprint published a ton of titles - many of which we have yet to see. 

Yes, we are not even halfway through this imprint. Oh, the anticipation of it all!

--- ---

And that's all for now.

Next week we'll continue with another dozen HiS69 titles.

Until then...

Thanks for reading!

Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order

2 comments:

whkattk said...

Huh...some lovely covers there. I think I do prefer the artist's drawings over the photos. Over the years of massage I never thought of the happy ending as paying for sex - particularly not at first because it was never intended or asked for. My cock would get hard regardless of who was doing the massage. Some ignored it, others covered it, a few took care of it. Then when the M.D. struck a masseur I went to was educated on how to do massage for someone with Dystrophy - he explained the ejaculation would help ease the symptoms. he was right. A happy ending massage can leave me symptom-free for a few days. So now I specifically seek it out.
Hah! Maybe I am paying for it, after all. LOL.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Aaaaahhhhh
I love Bizarre Love Triangle! I think there's another version, but this is my fav.
As for the one-handed reading: yes to most! I do love the illustrations more than the photos though. I also thought that the one about the Bi guy was a little iffy with junior looking so young.
And I've never had a massage done by a man. Only a woman. I wonder how I'd react with a man giving me one, tough...
And I'm gonna check out Hommi Publishing, four sure!

XOXO