Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 02, 2022

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Sia


Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: 
Sia

In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing solely devoted to those of a unique nature. Many one-of-a-kind treasures reside there. Among them?

Sia.

Steely visionary.

A singing voice? More a battle cry. 

And her brand of confidence is not for the timid. She dares to tread...

She doesn't want to be famous. 

She wants to write music. She wishes to perform. 

But all the machinations of the fame game leave this dame cold. 

She'd rather live with the voices in her head. There's not a person living there that she hasn't liked.

She'd rather embrace her truest self. 

Yes. A few errors. (Never cross Taylor Swift fans - are they called 'Swifties?')

And her directing debut film... umm. (When making a film about autism, you might want to hire someone with autism - at least as a consultant.)

But she's had her moments. Glorious ones. 

The desperate, mad abandon of Chandelier alone ensures her place in our hearts forever.

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Fame.


"I don't want to be famous or recognizable."  

"People aren't honest about the horrors of fame. The downsides are so overwhelming that, for me, there is no payoff.  I've been writing pop songs for pop stars for a couple years and see what their lives are like, and that's just not something I want."

"I liked myself much more before I got famous. I was much friendlier and had more energy."

"Fame made me develop a panic disorder."

"I'm allowed to maintain some modicum of privacy. But also, I would like not to be picked apart or for people to observe when I put on 10 pounds or take off 10 pounds, or I have a hair extension out of place, or my fake tan is botched. I don't want to be critiqued about the way that I look on the Internet."

"I don't read reviews or interviews or anything, just because I'm afraid; If I believed the good, then I'd believe the bad, and there will be bad."

"My goal is to give girls and boys a different idea of expression. It's not always about looking pretty or cute. It's about expressing yourself however that may be, even if that's being silly or goofy or weird. I don't care what people think of me, unless they think I'm mean or something, but I don't care if they think I'm like someone else because I know I'm not - I'm a total weirdo. I'm not selling a dream; I'm not selling fame like it is some sort of fantastic thing. I'm just trying to sell music and get on with my real life."

"When you have a lot of people telling you what you are and perceiving you in a certain way, it's difficult to find your own identity. The truth is that you shouldn't match your insides to other people's outsides. Life is an inside job, and we just have to do our best. Knowing now what goes into making a successful artist, it's disheartening. I'm just trying to work out a way to be a singer and to create cool content. I'm willing to do that as an entertainer. But I'm not willing to give up my actual self."

The Girl You Lost To Cocaine - Sia

Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia

Chandelier - Sia

And one last parting shot...

"I'm sort of a gay man trapped in a woman's body when it comes to music sometimes - it's crowded in here!"

1 comment:

Mistress Maddie said...

LOVES SIA!!!! The creativity and voice are off the charts. Titanium is forever going to be a Woods Campground Summer song for me.