Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 06, 2022

Wonderland Burlesque's Let's All Go To The Movies: Terrible Teens Edition

Wonderland Burlesque's
Let's All Go To The Movies:
Terrible Teens Edition

Ah, our terrible teens... everybody has to go through them. But for some, it's a more troubling time than for others. And who better to capture those tender years  than the moral, upstanding members of the motion picture industry?

These are the drive-in movies of my dreams...

Teen-Age Jailbait
"Hey, Mister! Give me a lift and I'll give you the ride of your life!"
"She's a one-way ticket... to hell!"
(The ride of your life? Is that what they're calling syphilis these days?)

Teenage Bad Girl
"Born good with a desire to be bad!"
(A memoir of our own Miss Maddie? The early years? The ones before cha cha heels?)

My Teenage Daughter
(Repackaged, because the original title wasn't awkward enough.)

I Was A Teenage Werewolf
"The most amazing motion picture of our time!"
(I wonder if Michael Landon would agree?)

Teenagers From Outer Space
"Thrill-crazed space kids blasting the flesh off humans!"
(Hey! Everybody's gotta have a hobby!)

Teenage Crime Wave
"Out of the sidewalk jungle..."
"The shocking drama of today's teenage terror"
(Oh, those whacky teens and their guns!)

Teen Age Thunder
"Young love and teen age kisses. Hot rods and hot tempers."
(You can keep your thunder, you can keep your 'teen age' kisses. But, ummm... tell me more about those 'hot' rods! How hot we talking?)

Teenage Tramp
"Don't pass her up... she's looking for more than a ride!"
"Old enough, ripe enough!"
(Ripe enough? What is she? A piece of fruit?)

--- ---

And that's all we have time for today, kids.

Tune in next week.

Same time! Same channel!

Let's All Go To The Lobby

2 comments:

whkattk said...

Oh, my.... LOL. I don't remember any - wait a minute - yep, "I Was a Teenage Werewolf," I remember that one!

Deliciousdeity said...

Have you seen The Bad Seed (1956)?? Not quite teen, but apparently a real inspiration for John Waters! Thank you for this post, love kitsch!