Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 08, 2022

Weekend Onesie: Hope

Weekend Onesie: Hope

This is a beautiful photo by our dear friend, Miss Maddie, over at A Day with The Mistress Borghese.

Taken in 2020 (I believe), it has always made me feel hopeful. At the time, upon first seeing the photo, that hope was all about spring, and that it would be coming soon. But, as this is the beginning of (yet) another new year, I thought I would share it at this time that it might make us all feel a bit hopeful, especially given our current circumstances:

Covid-19 continues to enact it's curious vengeance upon the population. 

Overseas, Putin is feeling empowered while China is in the midst of making inroads toward world domination. 

The separation between church and state has eroded while the gulf between the have's and the have not's continues to widen.

Stateside, while things have improved significantly, we're still mired in the disgrace left in the orange ogre's wake. 

In the US, the GOP, in an effort to ensure they win all elections have taken to appointing like-minded people to run for the state offices which certify election results while people who still think Biden stole the election and that Covid-19 is a hoax are running for local offices, such as the school board.

So, why hope? 

Because we must. We must persevere. For, while good does not always win out, it is a bit like playing the stock market - if you're operating with a degree of common sense and stay in it for the long haul, things do (eventually) get better. 

And that is what I pin my hopes on: things getting better; that 2022 will be the year we turn the ship around. It can happen. I have witnessed it in my lifetime. 

I think of what it was like to be gay in the 1980's and look at today- this is a world almost unimaginable back then. 

So, keep that in mind as we live in these dark times. One day, hopefully, we'll be on the other side of things and marvel at how we ever arrived at the place we stand.

And the reason we got there?

Because we held fast... we dared... we hoped.

Have a lovely weekend.
Pause. Reflect. Enjoy.
Life really is for the taking, dears.
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Hope - Chainsmokers feat. Winona Oak

5 comments:

Bob said...

Perfectly said.
Hope!

Jimmy said...

You are so good at expressing a thought. You should be a speech writer for Biden.

Mistress Maddie said...

I am glad you felt that from the picture and enjoyed it. And today...I needed you post. Some days...even for me it hard to keep a positive and Snow White outlook...because most days my Cruella said wants out.

SickoRicko said...

Unfortunately, I'm not very hopeful these days.

Deliciousdeity said...

Thank you for the encouragement, it has been a slog, hasn't it? I'm tired. Didn't Dickinson say hope was a thing with feathers? Well, it's fur Emily, fur! Hold those you love close. And aren't those Chainsmokers cute?!