Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 09, 2022

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hips: Jennifer Hudson

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hips:
Jennifer Hudson


In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing dedicated to what can only be described as...The True Divas. These are ones that may do many things in life, but from the moment they opened their mouths to sing they became the one thing they were meant to become: a true diva.

How much crow did Simon Cowell have to eat due to this one?  

I guess winning an Oscar is a great start!

This lady? She's not going anywhere!

With a voice this big one must be heard. 

She came to our attention via a talent contest, and although she didn't make it to the finals, she sure ended up coming in first! 

Yes, this girl is a winner. 

And beautiful to boot.

She grabbed the brass ring and shows no sign of stopping. 

Her latest? She pays homage to one of her biggest influences - Aretha Franklin. Does it up in style and even co-produces it!

The gospel according to her? 

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic: Talent

"Appearance can always be changed, but the talent stays the same."

"My focus has always been on talent over looks. This theme of people putting an emphasis on looks first has been a constant reminder throughout my life that most people don't see things in the same way that I do."

"The talent should speak for itself."

"When I'm acting I don't sing, and when I'm recording I'm not acting."

"When you hear my music and you feel the emotion, it's real. When you see me in a film and you see a tear, it's real."


"I'm really not sure what people think or expect me to be, but I am surprised when people say, 'You're not supposed to be like that ' I'm not exactly sure what 'that' is, so I choose to take it as a compliment."

"Loving yourself means caring enough to make the hard decisions in your life."

"When other people reject positive changes you make for yourself, there is always some nerve to get to the root of in those other people."

Spotlight - Jennifer Hudson

I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel) - Jennifer Hudson
feat. T.I.

Here I Am (Singing My Way Home) - Jennifer Hudson

And one last parting shot...

"To me, the biggest notes and the longest notes are the easiest notes."

4 comments:

Bob said...

I ADORE her. She can, and will, and does, sing anything.
Plus, yes, she is gorgeous.

Thanks for the Church of JHud this morning.

SickoRicko said...

Very beautiful.

ProximaBlue said...

Hi Uptonking,
Just came by to say "Hello." :) I really love that first picture of Jennifer Hudson. So classy! Take care

BlkJack said...

The lady can truly sing! Beautiful, talented, & determined!