Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2022

Acquired Tastes XLIII: Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 128 Adonis Classics, Part 12 of 25

Acquired Tastes XLIII
Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 128
Adonis Classics, Part 12 of 25

Greenleaf Classic Books, the publishers of  the Adonis Classics imprint, began in 1959 and continued until 1971, when management lost focus on the business due to the government's prosecution of obscenity, which became of major concern. 

By 1974, a new management team and staff were in place, operating out of an office at 7523 Raytheon Road in San Diego and production ceased on all existing imprints. In an attempt to break into mainstream markets, two new imprints were started which used cover art and titles that were not provocative. These efforts failed.

In 1975, with the loosening of censorship laws, the Adonis Classics imprint began production. It marks the end of Greenleaf Classic's Classic Age (1959-1975.) 

Adonis Classics would release a total of 252 titles during it's lifespan. 

The first twenty covers feature white backgrounds (with one exception) and colored drawings or black and white pencil illustrations. After the first two titles, a particular type-face was established, with the title appearing above the illustration. The distinctive Adonis Classics symbol was established with either the seventh or eighth title in the series.

After the first twenty titles, the imprint switched to their iconic red covers (though sometimes pink,) featuring a black and white pencil or ink illustration framed in a black circle which has an arrow attached - the universal sign for the planet Mars or to designate something as 'male.' The book's title at the top of the cover is similarly encased in a white circle with an arrow (the symbol for the planet Mars and 'male'.)

Wow, for a second week, I managed to find 10 (9.5) out of 10 covers, today!

--- ---

 Hung Father
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 211

Don't look now, Vatican, but it appears somebody will have a big settlement check to cash in his future.

I was an altered boy... but I don't remember ever stripping down to my skivvies for mass. 

Not that I don't wish that was a prerequisite... would have made things more interesting.

In fact, I can think of a few visiting priests I would  have truly enjoyed performing the sacraments with in such a state. 

--- ---


Oil Rig Boys
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 212

I had read that life on those oil rigs was hazardous... but then, these three seem only too willing to flirt with danger.

Hmm. I'd bet money that  dude bent over  comes pre-lubed!

As for the other two? I think they just come.

--- ---

 Raped Stud
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
 AC 213

Sorry for the tiny size, but the pixelization doesn't bear enlargement.

The same probably can't be said for the aggressor on the cover of this one. 

Rape as role play? I'm thinking some might have a problem with that.

--- ---

 Blow Boys 
Author: Wes Talbot
AC  214

Oh, my word. What does that man have in the pouch of his jock? A grapefruit?

Well, whatever it is... I bet it squirts.

And hurts when it gets in your eye!

--- ---

 S&M Office Boy
Author: F.W. Love
AC 215

Ah, just another day at the office!

I have had a number of annual reviews over the years, but I don't recall one going quite like this.

"There!" he says, "That'll teach you to 'reply all' to a chain email!" 

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- --- 

 Loving Brothers
Author: Wes Talbot
AC 216

Sexy brothers in the shower together? Well, given the bulge of that one man's jock, I can understand the other's curiosity!

I must say... the illustrator tends to more mature male forms, even when the title would seem to indicate otherwise. Helps keep the 'eek' factor to a minimum, no matter the subject matter.

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

 Chicken School 
Author: F.W. Love
AC 217

So, while the illustrator does, indeed, go for more mature figures, he certainly does not skimp when it comes to package size. Also, if you will take a look, those jock pouches are always near the center of the illustration's circle. Why, it's like the publisher and the illustrator are purposely drawing our attention to it!

Now, that's the kind of gay agenda I could get behind - or in front of, if you know what I mean.

--- ---

 Son Loving Father 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 218

The family that lifts together, loves together?

Oh, my... it appears that poor boy is about to do some real heavy lifting. He could spare himself quite a bit if he'd get that big bulge of his out of the way. 

There was a time when I would get all squeamish when it came to daddy/son role playing, but - on this side of that equation, it's like getting cast in any show; I'm just grateful for the opportunity no matter what part I need to play.

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

 State Fair Cruisers 
Author: F.W. Love
AC 219

I used to love going to the barns at the state fair to see the animals... and check out the farm boys. During my visits I couldn't help but notice the number of peep and glory holes in the men's room stall walls. It made me wonder just what went on when the lights went down. 

As for this illustration, I am hoping that goat is not part of any scenario other than what is pictured.

Bestiality? That's just wrong. 

But, as the late Leslie Jordan used to say... "Every garbage can has it's lid."

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

 Homecoming Buddies
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 220

Huh. Hard to say what this illustration has to do with the presumed subject of this book.

I remember homecoming - the big game, the big dance - a whole week of rah-rah-rah school spirit. And, of course, the theatre nerd in me just ate it all up; all that pageantry. 

Thing is, as a little tyke, I wanted to be homecoming queen a lot more than homecoming king. 

Oh, in those days?  I'd do anything for a tiara

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Homecoming - Hey, Monday

3 comments:

Xersex said...

Maybe I'm being too poetic, but I think those comics are poetry!

whkattk said...

Interesting that I was not an altar boy, but I did work with the Youth Group for a couple of years and the priest did indeed wear only skivvies under his robes. Nothing ever went down --- that I was aware of, anyway.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh I see they decided to go with bikini briefs?
I wonder if most people then would wear boxers???

XOXO