Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Wonderland Burlesque's The 12 Days Before Xmas: Day Twelve: Every Year, Every Christmas - Luther Vandross

Wonderland Burlesque's 
The 12 Days Before Xmas: Day Twelve
Every Year, Every Christmas - Luther Vandross

Well, we made it, folks. Tomorrow is the big day!

We end this year's 12 Days Before Xmas with the smooth sounds of one of soul's most velvety singers. 

Every Year, Every Christmas is a song written by Luther Vandross and with proven hitmaker, Richard Marx. It appeared as part of his tenth studio album, the 1995 holiday album This Is Christmas. It received moderate rotation on radio and peaked at #32 on Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart.

In 2007, Patti LaBelle would cover the song on her holiday album Miss Patti's Christmas. It included a special tribute to Vandross, who had passed away in July of 2005.

I hope your every holiday desire is fulfilled and that you enjoy a joyous time alone or in the company of loved ones. This has been a fun, soulful stroll through twelve very fine, very unique holiday musical offerings. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

And trust me, for as long as I'm writing this blog? As the song says, I'll be doing this every year, every Christmas.

Happy holidays, my dears.
 
Every Year, Every Christmas - Luther Vandross



2 comments:

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Merry Christmas, Mr Tonking!

Mistress Maddie said...

Now I don't mind a Christmas tune from this queen! He had such a nice voice.

A Happy Christmas Eve to you Upton, and a Merry Yuletide!