Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: Toni Braxton

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: 
Toni Braxton

In my own personal big gay church, there are many wings. I've been introducing you to a number of them, but it is a big church... and we have a way to go. Oh, don't worry, we'll be revisiting wings I've mentioned, for we have barely grazed the surface. Today, we visit those of The Quiet Storm; divas who have the ability to mesmerize with their voices, bringing us into their world, seducing us, providing emotional shelter and an intimate experience. One such voice...

Toni Braxton.

She arrived on the scene, a revelation. A deep dive into a sensual world, her voice curling up next to us like a wisp of smoke.

Taking us from ecstacy to heartache and back... we all bought a ticket on this sleek luxury liner. A ship of fools?

We didn't know. 

Until we hit the rocks.

But this quiet storm never ceased... it billowed and cooed, not threatening, but ever evolving. 

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic: Broken hearts.

"If you break your knee, you have therapy on your knee, and it's the same for your heart."

"I like being in love. I want to be in love, but at this stage of my life, my career is, by far, the most important thing to me. It's my passion."

"In a broken marriage, it can be challenging and tough to get that work/life balance. I love performing but I also love being a mum, and I hate having to choose between them. I felt that putting my all into the relationship would have taken me away from my career. And I couldn't do that then."


Breathe Again - Toni Braxton

You're Making Me High - Toni Braxton

Dance - Toni Braxton

And one last parting shot...

"Dating is different when you get older. You're not as trusting, or as eager to get back out there and expose yourself to someone."

4 comments:

Bob said...

I never really got into Braxton, though I do like 'Unbreak My Heart.'

anne marie in philly said...

"unbreak my heart", my fave song of hers. she really hit the skids hard; hope she makes a good comeback.

Mistress Maddie said...

God, I loved her when she came out. Seems she was here real fast, stayed a bit at the party, and then fell from earth. I think she went a little nuts, but luckily came out on the right side. And then her sisters had to go and do a reality show filled with noise.

My favorite song of hers was Spanish Guitar. I am not a huge ballads person.

I remember comedians had a field day impersonating the poor thing too with her vocal sound.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I also LOVE Unbreak My Heart. You're Making me High? Yes, please.

XOXO