Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Wonderland Burlesque's The 12 Days Before Xmas - Day Eleven - Devo

Wonderland Burlesque's 
The 12 Days Before Xmas - Day Eleven
Devo

Well, their trademark hats are festive looking...

What would Xmas be without a little Devo? Released in 2009, the song has a following and its own sweatshirt! The artwork featured in the video is by none other than their glorious leader, Mark Mothersbaugh.

I have been a fan since 1977, when a friend of mine brought back a 45 of their version of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction from exotic, sophisticated Minneapolis, MN. It was like hearing voices from a world I knew I belonged to. I continued to be intrigued until 1981's New Traditionalists. Since then, it has been hit and miss, although I always enjoy stumbling on Mothersbaugh's many soundtrack contributions (I was a huge Rugrats fan - team Chucky!).

Sure, I know... they're not The Residents...

They Are Devo!

Merry Something To You - Devo

1 comment:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

OMG love!
Why didn't I know this existed? All I know is Whip It.
And I should know more about them. I lived in Akron!

XOXO