Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 14, 2020

Wonderland Burlesque's The 12 Days Before Xmas - Day Two / Wizzard

Wonderland Burlesque's 
The 12 Days Before Xmas - Day Two 
Wizzard

Day two of Wonderland Burlesque's The 12 Days Before Xmas finds us being oh-so very Glam! - an early '70s world devoid of fashion do's and don'ts and gender constraints. After leaving Electric Light Orchestra in the capable hands of Jeff Lynne, Roy Wood would found Wizzard, a band more to his liking. Here, he had total artistic control and didn't have to put up with boring lectures about the striking relationships 19th century string arrangements have to modern day rock 'n roll (or so I imagine). 

Every British band ever born makes a stab at a bit of immortality in the form of an original Xmas song... and they don't get any more original than Wizzard's presentation for their 1973 opus I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day.

I love me any man who has on more glitter than a ten year-old girl's school project. 
 
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard

2 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ok, so I love anything with glitter.
Also, I was today years old when I learned about Wizzard.

XOXO

Xersex said...

nice video